During the 2014-15 year of recruitment and admissions, the NORA team has achieved several important goals as part of its overall strategic plan.
- Overall increase in the enrollment in the graduate programs, up 13% since the previous year and the highest overall enrollment in more than five years;
- Increase by nearly 40% the number of inquiries of prospective applicants;
- Doubled the number of college/university campuses visited;
- Developed new youth professionals programs hosted by each HUC-JIR campus;
- Implemented 7 successful programs for high school and college students and developed several new programs for 2015-16; and
- Engaged with alumni in new recruitment initiatives and at more than 75 different locations throughout the year.
- Alumni who want to nominate a high school student, college student, or youth professional for an upcoming seminar or fellowship on one of our campuses should write to: Rabbi Rachel Sabath Beit-Halachmi, Ph.D.: RSabath@huc.edu. These programs include travel subsidies.
Throughout the summer, with a full team of recruitment professionals in place for the first time in many years, the NORA team is reaching a record number of prospective HUC-JIR students, alumni, and stakeholders. We will visit 45 summer camps. These visits include all of the URJ camps as well as dozens more across North America.
In Israel, members of the NORA team will engage with the NFTY in Israel staff and all of its participants throughout their Israel experience.
In addition, we will engage with dozens of Birthright Israel and BBYO groups, engaging with them at crucial moments in the development of the Jewish identity.