Join us as we celebrate Graduation and Ordination ceremonies of our 148th academic year!
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, North America’s premier institution of Jewish higher education and the center for professional leadership development of Reform Judaism, will bestow degrees on the Class of 2023’s cadre of new professional leaders for the Reform Movement, the Jewish people, and the larger world. Distinguished communal and civic leaders and alumni will be awarded honorary degrees and prizes in recognition of their service to Reform congregations and North American Jewry, and in honor of their humanitarian work.
How To Participate:
All ceremonies will take place in person and online. Registration is required.
- In Person Attendance: Individuals who are fully vaccinated (2 initial Pfizer/Moderna vaccinations or 1 Johnson & Johnson and at least 1 booster): masks optional. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated (less than 2 initial Pfizer/Moderna vaccinations or 1 Johnson & Johnson and at least 1 booster): masks required and proof of a negative COVID test prior to the event required (rapid test 24 hours prior or PCR test 72 hours prior). Should the COVID environment worsen between now and Graduation/Ordination, we reserve the right to change the policy.
- Online Attendance: Livestream access will be shared with you upon registering.
- New York Graduation and Ordination:
Contact Meredeth Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 824-2236.
- Los Angeles Ordination and Graduation:
Contact Yvette Joffe at email@example.com or (213) 765-2149 or Amanda Sissman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cincinnati Graduation and Ordination:
Contact Autumn Wheeler-Peterson at email@example.com or (513) 487-3231.
Contact the National Office of Communications and Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.