Happy Vlog B'Omer! Join us in celebrating on Thursday, May 3, 2018!
Fan the flames of Jewish passion in others. Show your love for HUC-JIR and inspire tomorrow's leaders to begin their own professional journey!
1: Make a short video sharing what you love about your field and how HUC-JIR helped you get there.
Be creative! Do this alone, with your team, in a cab on the way to an event...the possibilities are endless! Here is a sample script:
"I am an alum of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion's X School (and Y School, if you graduated from more than one). I love what I do because...(share a brief story illustrating this). Thank you, HUC-JIR, for giving me the tools to do what I love. Visit huc.edu to learn more. I tag (list the names of three alumni) to share your story!"
A few tips:
- Hold the camera horizontally.
- Keep your video to under one minute.
- If possible, ask someone else to record you.
Check out a sample video:
2: Post your video to social media on Vlog B'Omer (May 3) with #lovewhatyoudo!
Here are sample posts:
- Happy Vlog B'Omer! Check out my video about why I love what I do. Learn more about [@Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion] at huc.edu. I call on (tag three HUC-JIR alumni) to share your video! #lovewhatyoudo
- You should #lovewhatyoudo as much as I do. Check out my video and see why! Then learn more about [@Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion] at huc.edu. I call on (tag three HUC-JIR alumni) to share your video!
3: Make it social! Tag three friends to share their stories.
Have questions or need help preparing your video? Email the Vlog B'Omer Team and we'll be happy to help you. Have a great Vlog B'Omer!