Important Phone Numbers (Be Sure to Save These in Your Phone)
|Rape Crisis Center
|Phone Company/Internet Service
|Reporting of City Problems
|Arrivals at Ben Gurion Airport (English)
||02- 628-2456 / 02-622-7230
In a Health Related Emergency Situation:
If Time Allows:
Call the Health-Hotline Number first. 1-800-414-422. Depending on the situation, you will be referred either to the Emergency Room of a Hospital or to TEREM, a walk-in clinic. In general you may have to wait hours in the emergency room of a hospital and recommend going to Terem if at all possible. They have 3 branches in Jerusalem:
The Birkur Holim and Romena Branch are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Talpiot branch is open 9:00 am - midnight, 7 days a week.
For more info, see their website
. Whether Hadassah or Terem, take your Insurance card with you and keep all receipts
If There is no Time:
- If you can, take a cab to Hadassah Hospital at Ein Kerem and go straight to the Emergency Room. Otherwise, call 101 for a Magen David Adom ambulance.
- Take your Insurance card with you.
- You will be reimbursed by the Health Services for most of the expense. If your emergency is not a justified emergency, you will NOT be reimbursed.
Important: If you need a hospital, call Harel first, before you do ANYTHING. Have THEM call ahead to the hospital to make your ER trip smoother. Also, have the insurance company ask what tests will be done to make sure you’re covered.
Emergency Dental Treatment:
Included in your Harel policy is "Emergency dental treatment is any dental treatment done during your first visit to a dental clinic." This covers what is considered “First Aid” - a temporary filling, draining an abscess, prescribing antibiotics etc.
You have to go to a specific clinic called Hila at 16 Shlomzion HaMalka 02-6256152. No need to pay -- Harel covers up to $200.
is a crisis clinic that can assist when it is difficult to function and to solve problems. You must call 02-6449666
and make an appointment, but their response is immediate and most often you can meet with someone from their staff the same day. They offer short-term and focused help.
||08:00 - 16:00
|Fridays, Holiday Eves
||08:00 - 13:00
They charge between NIS 180-240 for the first meeting, and have a scale for follow-up appointments. When you call ask to see an English speaking counselor. It's located on 59 Shmaryahu Levine St. (corner of Meir Avner) in the Kiriat Yovel neighborhood.
Having any problems? Call “Moked” at 106.
This service will handle the following problems (or will refer you to the appropriate department), and will provide general information on any municipal activity:
- Sewage and sanitation defects (blocked sewers, overflowing cisterns, etc).
- Trees endangering public safety.
- Collection of junk, scrap metal, removal of dead animals and obstacles causing nuisance on sidewalk.
- Emergency and/or dangerous sanitary conditions.
- Pest control in municipal areas.
- Burst pipes and defective water supply, call 02-565 1255 (the Water Supply Company).
Ombudsman(Public Complaints office)
If you have failed to get satisfaction from any relevant municipal department, the Ombudsman will investigate and try to deal with the problem. They are located at 212 Yaffo St. and their telephone is 02-6665000, fax, 02-6665204.
|Bikur Cholim Hospital
|Hadassah Hospital - Mt. Scopus
|Hadassah Hospital - Ein Kerem (Emergency)
|Shaare Zedek Hospital
Rape Crisis Center
24 hours a day, 7 days a week: Dial 1202