LOS ANGELES REFORM COMMUNITY SHABBAT
TO BE HELD ON NOVEMBER 21st
Los Angeles - On Friday, November 21st, Reform Jews throughout greater Los Angeles will gather at 8:00 p.m. at University Synagogue in Brentwood to worship, sing and rejoice. The service commemorates the 350th anniversary of the arrival of Jews in North America.
The Reform Community Shabbat provides an opportunity for the entire Reform Jewish community to gather to celebrate Shabbat together, sing and pray together and rejoice in the strength of Reform Judaism. Long a Los Angeles tradition, the Reform Community Shabbat brings together rabbis, cantors, soloists and congregants from dozens of Southland congregations. The erev Shabbat service is a highlight of the community calendar.
University Synagogue is located at 11960 Sunset Boulevard - one mile west of the San Diego (405) Freeway.
The Reform Community Shabbatot are sponsored by
The Union of American Hebrew Congregations is the central body of the Reform Jewish movement in North America, and represents 1.5 million Jews in more than 900 congregations across the United States and Canada. UAHC services include music and book publishing, camps, adult education, and the Religious Action Center in Washington, D.C. The Pacific Southwest Council of the UAHC embraces 80 Reform congregations across Southern California, Southern Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and west Texas.
- The Reform congregations of the Los Angeles area, which includes over twenty-five active congregations in the greater LA region;
- The Central Conference of American Rabbis, the Reform rabbinical organization in North America which counts hundreds of rabbis among its members;
- The American Conference of Cantors, the Reform cantorial organization which represents over 300 cantors across North America;
- The Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion, the nation's oldest institution of higher Jewish education and the academic center of Reform Judaism, which educates men and women for service to American and world Jewry as rabbis, cantors, educators and communal service;
- And the Union of American Hebrew Congregations - Pacific Southwest Council.
For further information contact Rabbi Alan Henkin at 818.907.8740 or email to email@example.com.