Sharpen your knives and celebrate Tu B’Shvat, the Jewish “New Year for Trees,” with a cooking competition!
MONDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2010 at 11:15 in the CL at HUC-JIR/NY.
Chefs, assemble teams of 2-5 people and we will provide the Tu B’Shvat inspired ingredients. Entries will be assessed on taste, presentation, and Tu B’Shvatiness. Salad lunch will be served for all who attend!!
Official Rules and Regulations for Tu B’shTopChef:
1. Teams may include no more that 5 chefs.
2. Chefs will be given 20 minutes to create their dish.
3. Heat will only be available in the form of the microwaves in the kitchen. It will be available first come, first serve. (Note: Please be considerate of all of the Park Slopers that need to microwave their Co-op Burritos.)
4. Each team may bring in one ingredient of their choice. The rest will be provided.
5. While we will not provide a complete list of available ingredients, think Tu B’Shvat seder.
6. Student Association promises there will be wine.
7. Each team may bring in any cooking utensils from home that they would like. A bread maker may be excessive.
8. Dishes will be evaluated by a teams of judges that include individuals with highly refined palates, extensive culinary training, and an in depth knowledge of Talmud. Dishes will be evaluated according to taste, presentation and Tu B’Shvat thematic content.
9. The meal will conclude with Benching.
10. ALL MEMBERS OF THE HUC-JIR COMMUNITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE!
Questions? Ask Hannah Goldstein at email@example.com.