In announcing the promotion, Dr. Norman J. Cohen, Provost, said, "Dr. Grant's scholarly work and her teaching have had an important impact upon the field of Jewish Education and upon our community of faculty and students."
Dr. Grant holds a B.A. from the University of Michigan and an M.B.A. in public management from the University of Massachusetts. She earned her Ph.D. in Jewish Education from the Jewish Theological Seminary in May, 2000. Her research and teaching interests include adult learning and religious development, organizational change, and the role Israel plays in American Jewish life.
Dr. Grant's publications include:
- Pomson, Alex and Grant, Lisa D. "Getting Personal with Professional Development: The Case of Short-term Trips to Israel for Diaspora Teachers." in Joseph Bashi, Miriam Ben Peretz, and Ami Bouganim, eds.Education and Professional Training. Jerusalem: The Jewish Agency for Israel, 2004.
- Grant, Lisa D., Schuster, Diane T., Woocher, Meredith, and Cohen, Steven M. A Journey of Heart and Mind: Transformative Jewish Learning in Adulthood. New York: JTS Press, 2004.
- Grant, Lisa D. "Connection and Caring: The Role of Educational Leadership in Adult Jewish Learning." Religious Education Vol. 99, No. 2 (Spring 2004).
- Grant, Lisa D. and Schuster, Diane T. The Impact of Adult Jewish Learning in Today's Jewish Community. New York: United Jewish Communities, 2003.
- Grant, Lisa D. "Transitions and Trajectories Post Adult Bat Mitzvah."Journal of Jewish Education. (Fall 2003).
- Schuster, Diane T., and Grant, Lisa D. (2003). "Teaching Jewish Adults," in Nachama Moscowitz, editor, The New Jewish Teachers Handbook, 2nd edition. Denver: A.R.E. Publications.
- Grant, Lisa D. (2001). Eytz Chaim Hi: She is a Tree of Life - An Adult Bat Mitzvah Curriculum Guide. New York: Women's League for Conservative Judaism.
- Grant, Lisa D. and Robins, Frieda D. "Judaic Enrichment as a Change Agent in Early Childhood Education: Limitations and Possibilities."Conservative Judaism, 53:4 (Summer 2001).
- Grant, Lisa D. "The Role of Mentoring in Enhancing Experience of a Congregational Israel Trip." Journal of Jewish Education. Vol. 67, No. 1/2 (Spring/Summer 2001).
- Grant, Lisa D., Kelman, Naamah, and Regev, Hannah. "Traveling Towards the Self While Visiting the Other: Israeli TALI School Educators on a U.S. Study Tour." Journal of Jewish Communal Service. Vol. 77, No. 3/4 Spring/Summer 2001).
- Grant, Lisa D. "Planned and Enacted Curriculum Stories on a Congregational Israel Trip." Conservative Judaism. 53:3 (Spring 2001).
- Grant, Lisa D. "A Journey of the Mind to Feed the Spirit." Jewish Education News. (Winter 2001).
- Grant, Lisa D. "Bar and Bat Mitzvah Trips to Israel: Variations on a Theme of Affirmation." Jewish Education News. (Winter 2000).
- Grant, Lisa D. "Adult Bat Mitzvah: An American Rite of Continuity,"Courtyard. (Fall/Winter 1999/2000).
- Grant Lisa D. and Robins, Frieda D. "Hebrew Immersion at Camp Ramah in New England," Jewish Education News. (Winter 1999).
Dr. Grant has compiled Adult Study Resources for Tanakh, which can be found at the HUC-JIR website at: http://huc.edu/de/adultEd/