The Skirball Museum’s collections of Jewish Art and material culture explore 4000 years of Jewish life and culture, highlighting themes of immigration, worship, customs, community and family life. The collection of over 1000 artifacts and works of art form the basis of our core exhibition, An Eternal People: The Jewish Experience.
The Skirball Museum's collections include:
- Archaeological materials from biblical and later historical periods illuminating early Jewish life
- An extraordinary body of Jewish ceremonial art ranging over the last five centuries of Jewish life
- An important assemblage of coins, medals, and seals
- An extensive group of objects exemplifying Jewish historical experience
- Over 500 photographs of Israel from the late 19th and early 20th centuries
- Stellar fine arts holdings comprised of graphics, paintings, sculptures, and drawings