Join prospective students, cantorial soloists, cantors, and friends on Sunday, April 6, 2014, for a day of exploration and inspiration!
- Day of Learning: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm at HUC-JIR (One West Fourth Street, New York, NY 10012)
- Followed by "The Many Faces of the Reform Cantorate" - a concert and kumsitz open to the community: 7:00 pm at Temple Shaaray Tefila (250 East 79th Street, New York)
Participate in a day of experiential discovery:
- Engage in text and music with Rabbi David Ellenson, Chancellor and keynote speaker; Cantor Bruce Ruben, Director, Debbie Friedman School of Sacred Music (DFSSM); Cantor Ellen Dreskin, Coordinator, Cantorial Certication Program; Cantor Israel Goldstein, Director Emeritus, DFSSM; Cantor Jacob Mendelson, Professor, DFSSM; and Joyce Rosenzweig, Artist-in-Residence, DFSSM
- Enrich your repertoire, from the old to the new
- Lend your voice to an “instant choir”
- Explore alternative forms of prayer as spiritual practice
- Expand your liturgical literacy and learn more about worship craft and design
- Network with colleagues, cantorial peers, and lovers of Jewish music from throughout New York and beyond
- Learn more about the full-time cantorial ordination program and part-time distance cantorial certification program offered by the Debbie Friedman School of Sacred Music in New York
Registration fee: $40 (includes continental breakfast, lunch, materials, and admission to evening concert). Please send your check to Delilah Perez at HUC-JIR (One West Fourth Street, New York, NY 10012)
For further information: Please contact us at email@example.com or 212-824-2255.
Co-Sponsored by the Debbie Friedman School of Sacred Music Alumni Association