CINCINNATI I NEW YORK I LOS ANGELES I JERUSALEM
Dear Students and Faculty,
As the Library strives to meet the challenges of the COVID era, we are continually assessing the efficiency of our operations in order to provide you with the best service we can. To that end, we have updated some of our procedures for both requesting and returning materials. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following:
SUBMITTING A REQUEST
1. Search the online catalog for the items you need.
2.Use the Library Request Form for your home campus to request materials.
*At this time we are only able to accept requests from students, faculty, and alumni.*
Cincinnati I New York I Los Angeles
- Please check to see if the materials you need are available digitally before requesting the book room the Library. Additional eBooks are continually being added to the collection. Look for a blue “View eBook” button.
- If you request a print copy that is available, the book will be checked out to you.
- If the print copy is checked out to another patron, a recall request will be submitted on your behalf, and you will be notified when the item is available.
- Please see individual campus info below regarding options for pickup or home delivery.
- While the bulk of our digital periodicals appear through the “Access Journal” link, some have not yet migrated to that function. You must be signed into the SSO (Single Sign On) for these direct links to work off-campus.
- If you have reason to believe we might indeed have access, please visit the Library website and click the “Single Sign On” button. After login, you will have access to the current databases for online periodicals (and eBooks).
- The Library will make every effort to provide you with digital scans of pages, chapters, or articles within the limitations of U.S. copyright law
- If your request cannot be fulfilled from the Library’s collection, an ILL request will be placed on your behalf.
- You will be notified when the material is available or if the request cannot be fulfilled. If the item is available, the email will contain an attachment or link to the requested item.
Please remember that if you encounter any problems, do not hesitate to contact a Librarian by email or Chat from the Library website. As always, the Library is here to help you.
*The Klau Library is currently closed to the public. We will send out an announcement email when the facility has reopened to the community.*
There are no checkout limits for HUC faculty and students picking up books locally. If you are out of the area and need items mailed to your home there is a limit of 3 items. Please fill out this Item Request Form.
The Library will be open to students and faculty from 10 am to 2 pm, Monday - Thursday, BY ADVANCED RESERVATION ONLY. Please fill out a Study Reservation request here.
RECEIVING REQUESTED MATERIALS
- A librarian will check-out materials to you for the usual loan period. Reserve or reference materials are availble to check out for a 24 hour period (approximately).
- You will receive an e-mail when your items are available for pickup.
- You may pick up your books at the table marked “Book Pickup” in the hallway outside Security, first floor of the Sisterhood Dorm. A yellow label with your name, date and number of books will be attached to your books; please take only those items.
- If you have a Study Reservation you may pick up your books from the Klau Library (make sure to specify this preference on the Item Request Form)
- Blue book return labels will be included for use when the books are returned.
RETURNING REQUESTED MATERIALS
- Attach a blue label when returning your bagged/boxed/banded items to the table marked “Book Return” in the hallway outside Security, first floor of the Sisterhood Dorm.
- Security, Maintenance or Library personnel will bring materials back to the Library.
- Because of the need to quarantine returned materials, it may take up to a week for your account to show the books returned.
*The Klau Library is currently closed to faculty, students, and the public. We will send out an announcement email when the facility has reopened.*
Faculty and students may fill out the Item Request Form if you would like materials from Cincinnati or LA scanned or mailed to your home. Requests for physical items are limited to 3 items mailed to your home.
*The Frances Henry Library is currently closed to the public. The Librarians are on campus on occasional Wednesdays and will be able to scan articles or pull books.*
Faculty and students may fill out the Item Request Form if you would like materials prepared for you for pickup, scanned, or mailed to your home.
The Jerusalem campus has reopened.