Welcome to the Zelikow School of Jewish Nonprofit Management Alumni Association!
This is an exciting time to be an alumnus of the Zelikow School of Jewish Nonprofit Management (or, as many of us fondly remember it, the School of Jewish Communal Service)! Our Alumni Association has been working hard to build and develop new leadership in an effort to better serve our 600 colleagues and friends who work in Jewish organizations across North America, as well as in Europe, South America, South Africa, Australia, and Israel.
ZSJNM alumni have served and continue to serve as distinguished professional leaders in an array of Jewish communal institutions and agencies, including Federations, Hillels, Jewish Family Services, BJE’s, JCC’s, foundations, museums, synagogues, camps, day schools, the URJ, Hebrew Union College, AIPAC, JCRC’s, the American Jewish Committee, ADL, JCPA, Jewish World Watch, Brandeis-Bardin Institute, JNF, Birthright Israel, Beit Teshuvah, Jewish Free Loans, Jewish Big Brothers, Beit Tzedek and a variety of Israeli and international organizations. We are administrators and educators, advocates and social workers, program directors and grantmakers. Our presence is felt across the Jewish community and our impact is enduring.
We have alumni working groups, comprised of graduates from throughout the ZSJNM’s history focusing on the following areas:
- Alumni Campaign: The SJNM is charged with fundraising for all of the student scholarships it provides, requiring about $150,000 annually. This group of dedicated alumni works hard to reach out to colleagues and secure a portion of the funds needed to attract the best and brightest students to our program.
- Professional Development: Providing professional development and learning opportunities to such a diverse group of alumni is no small feat! This team is committed to finding the best and most interesting ways to engage our alumni and share current trends and skills in the field of Jewish organizational leadership.
- Recruitment: In addition to strategizing about how to expand our reach and help alumni identify new prospects, recent graduates are paired with applicants to help guide them through the admissions process and learn first hand what it’s like to be a student at the SJNM.
- Student Outreach: Connecting with students, who in just a short time will be the next generation of our colleagues and alumni association members, is an important part of the work we do. This includes offering opportunities for students on the brink of graduation to connect with our alumni, who can help them network and transition into the working world; alumni participation in both the culmination and graduation festivities, and other campus events.
- Communication: As our alumni community expands and evolves, how we connect and communicate with each other becomes increasingly diverse. In addition to a semi-annual e-newsletter, we also have a strong presence online, through the SJNM webpage, these alumni pages and various social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter and Linked In. Alumni play a critical role in sharing our message with other alumni, students, supporters and the broader community.
- Alumni Leadership Council: We are also proud to be represented on the HUC-JIR Alumni Leadership Council, comprised of alumni leaders from all six of the major programs run by the College-Institute. This is an opportunity for our alumni to learn more about what is happening throughout the institution and explore opportunities for increased partnership, and also a chance for us to share our expertise and experience as Jewish organizational leaders with alumni from other programs.
On behalf of the Zelikow School of Jewish Nonprofit Management and the alumni whom we are honored to represent and serve, we invite you to learn more about the work we do and get involved!
Stephanie Steingold Bressler (left) and Naomi Abelson (right)