We are looking for highly qualified applicants for all of our programs. HUC-JIR’s student body is diverse and there is no “correct path” to becoming a strong candidate. Each applicant is viewed as a unique individual. For example, a degree in Jewish studies is not required but it is important to have some background with liberal arts classes where reading and writing are emphasized.
You must be able to meet the following requirements by June of the summer you intend to enroll.
- Have received a BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university.
- Plan to be working with adolescents or emerging adults within the context of a Jewish educational framework during the upcoming academic year.
- Demonstrate readiness for serious study, including the capacity to meet the intellectual, ethical, and emotional demands of a certificate program.
- Show the ability to engage in abstract reasoning, to think analytically and conceptually, and to formulate mature judgments.
- Demonstrated ability for clear oral and written self-expression.
- Have regular access to a computer with word processing software, PDF reader, high speed Internet access, a webcam, microphone and speakers.