As our alumni begin their teaching careers, DeLeT provides support through the DeLeT Induction Program, which offers one-on-one mentoring to beginning teachers in Jewish day schools to help them to “clear” their California Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential. The DeLeT Induction Program is accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and is open to DeLeT graduates and other teachers in Jewish day schools.
The DeLeT Induction Program includes:
- An orientation to the New Teacher Center’s electronic Formative Assessment System (FAS).
- One-on-one mentoring, observation, feedback, and guidance from a DeLeT Clinical Educator/mentor (CE) for 2+ hours at your school-site every other week throughout the school year using the New Teacher Center’s Formative Assessment System.
- An Inquiry Action Project focusing on a specific area of interest, designed to further your teaching knowledge and practice.
- Meetings twice each year with your school’s administrator and the DeLeT CE/mentor to set goals and evaluate teaching growth.
- A one-year early completer option for teachers with 3 years of day school teaching experience.
- The cost of the DeLeT Induction Program is $3,000 per year for DeLeT alumni and $4,000 for non-alumni participants. We encourage participants to ask for financial support from their school. To learn more, contact the DeLeT Induction Program Coordinator, Dr. Bonnie Sharfman, at email@example.com or at 310-701-8819.