Established in 1922 as an institution of pluralistic higher Jewish learning by Rabbi Stephen S. Wise, social activist, Zionist leader, and advocate of the ‘free pulpit,’ the New York campus is a vital leadership development center for the Reform Movement, the Jewish people, and the larger world. Students from around the world pursue their studies in the Rabbinical School, Debbie Friedman School of Sacred Music, School of Education, Graduate Studies Program, and Interfaith Doctor of Ministry Program, and have access to the resources of the Klau Library, HUC-JIR Museum, and Blaustein Center for Pastoral Counseling, while having the opportunity to participate in meaningful social responsibility projects, including the Soup Kitchen.
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion
One West Fourth Street
New York, NY 10012-2286