Explore the possibilities for an extraordinary life at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion. Attend an Open House at any of our campuses.
When you attend an Open House, you will meet our current students – your future colleagues – and study with our exceptional faculty. You will experience Reform Judaism through music, prayer, social action, and scholarship while exploring our libraries, museums, and American Jewish Archives. You will discover career paths that can transform your life and bring meaning to others.
You are invited to attend an Open House at any of our campuses.
- Interfaith Doctor of Ministry Open House and Day of Learning - New York - November 10, 2014 - Register now!
- New York Campus Open House - New York - November 13, 2014 - Register now!
- Jack H. Skirball Campus in Los Angeles Open House - Los Angeles - November 17, 2014 - Register now!
- Jerusalem Campus Open House - Jerusalem - November 20, 2014 - Register now!
- DeLeT Open House/Day of Learning - Los Angeles - January 13, 2015 - Registration coming soon
- Lil'mod Ul'zameir: A Day of Jewish Learning and Music - Miami - March 1, 2015 - Registration coming soon
- Interfaith Doctor of Ministry Open House and Day of Learning - New York - March 16, 2015 - Registration coming soon
- Jerusalem Campus Open House - Jerusalem - March 26, 2015 - Register now!
- Lil'mod Ul'zameir: A Day of Jewish Learning and Music - Chicago - April 12, 2015 - Registration coming soon
- Jack H. Skirball Campus in Los Angeles Open House - Los Angeles - April 13, 2015 - Register now!
- New York Campus Open House - New York - April 16, 2015 - Register now!
- Reform College Student Shabbaton - New York - April 17-18, 2015 - Registration coming soon
Stay tuned for more 2014-2015 dates!
Open House schedules will vary by campus, but will generally begin around 8:00 am and will conclude around 4:00 pm. Exact times and schedules will be shared with you upon your registration.
Free Registration and Generous Travel Subsidies.
Wonder what you’ll do at our Open House? Check out this sample schedule:
- Registration and welcome breakfast: Grab a bagel and coffee while you check in and sign up for a classes or an individual meeting with a Program Director or Admissions Director.
- Overview with Program Directors: Learn more about the admissions requirements and course of study for the program(s) of your choice. Questions are welcomed about classes, pulpits, internships, and future careers.
- Tefillah: Participate in community prayer at its best with HUC-JIR students, faculty, and administration.
- Lunch and Community Hour: During this time, the campus community comes together to hear speakers, learn about practical issues in the field of Jewish leadership, and reflect on student-led services and sermons.
- Sit in on a class or two: Feel free to try out a new topic or one of great interest to you. All faculty members are eager to welcome you!
- Get up close with great scholars: Select faculty will present insight and wisdom on their topic of expertise.
- Q&A with a student panel: An opportunity for you to ask current students to share their thoughts, experiences and reflections on all aspects of student life at HUC-JIR.
“The Open House gave me an idea of what my life would be like if I were a student at HUC-JIR. It was a great opportunity to explore HUC-JIR, meet current students, and speak with program directors. I would highly recommend the Open House to others.”
– Fall Open House participant